big city girl in a fantasy world.



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Little Secrets


Thanks to my fabulous mother, hairbows have been a staple in my life since August 20, 1986. Now, 23 years, 5 months and 27 days later; it is difficult to leave these accessories behind. Although some people may look and laugh when I walk into the bar with a flower in my hair, these headbands are a little reminder of the world that once was. No bills, no money issues, no job hunts, no school; just Disney princesses and vanilla frosting, and hairbows, of course.

In my adult life, my hair accessory and jewelry collection has become somewhat excessive - but, it sure makes an outfit! Throw on a white tee, a pair of jeans, an embellished necklace, a sweet little flower in your hair, and hit the town running! As I struggle to remain fashion savvy in this wonderful city; I have become very fortunate in the fact that hairbows are making a comeback! So I challenge you to take on this fashion trend and see how many compliments you get this weekend (I promise there will be a few). The childish giddiness will be gleaming from your smile and everyone will want to bask in your aura! Pair this hairbow with a yummy cosmo or French martini and you are set - city chic here we come! Cheers!

Passion Pit: "Little Secrets" - Let it jump start your day!


2 comments:

  1. I can't think of a more chic, hip, happy or
    fun girl to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hairbows are an integral part of my daughter's life already, at 9 months, and I only hope she takes after you, Liz...

    ReplyDelete