big city girl in a fantasy world.



Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh Beautiful, for Spacious Skies...

This weekend marks my favorite holiday of the year and the birth of this wonderful nation!
Every 4th of July before I have spent celebrating tradition in my home town of Hinsdale - where the houses look like this...

THIS 4th of July I am forgoeing tradition and have invited my clan of important peops up north to my families house in Wisconsin (see previous posts for cool pics). However, this means that I have to turn my house up north into a 4th of July like theme park to further enjoy my obsession with this holiday.
Unfortunetly, job life is keeping me from decorating life and I am short on time.
This is how I imagine it though...
Cute drinks waiting on ice in buckets & coolers (red,white & blue of course),

and centerpieces of pretty flowers,

and random viniettes of pretty mason jars and FLAGS,

and pinwheels because this holiday makes me feel 4 again,

and tablescapes like the following!

I love the rugged country feel of this, so raw and American,

and this would be nice and classy but we aren't really like that all the time.

It would be nice to watch the sunset here,

and prepare our grilled breakfast, lunch, and dinner here,

and take sun breaks here,

and sleep here!

and here!

However, knowing my friends, we will forgoe the plans to decorate and most likely enjoy each other's company while floating on the lake all day, playing horse shoes in the sand, swimming with the dogs, grilling out, relaxing on the porch, roasting marshmallows, and probably enjoying the following....

because what is more American then a keg of Bud?

I made this last year for the 4th, it is Ina Gartens Flag Cake. So delicious! I HIGHLY recommend.

Something about being at the lake gives me the ability to eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

with a side of these, please & thanks.

AND even though we will not be in my amazing city, we will be enjoying fireworks on another lake. But seriously people, how beautiful is Chicago?
Now, what do I wear??????? We can decide tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment