big city girl in a fantasy world.



Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What to Wear: Weddings!

Since we are well into wedding season, I'm sure the majority of you are feeling the pressure of "what the heck am I going to wear to this thing?" Well trust me, I feel your anxiety.
With 3 weddings coming up this summer, I am feeling the stresssssss. If I want to continue this fashionista persona I need to find some killer ensembles.
This begins with the dress...
my most difficult decision is do I want pattern and color?
Shoshanna

Tibi

Alice + Olivia

Milly

Theory
Or should I stick with something more neutral?
Alice + Olivia
Nanette Lepore
Or just stick with black so I can not feel chubby and drink a few more cocktails?

Marc Jacobs

Nanette Lepore

Shoshanna
And then, shoes??? Oh my gosh, shoes.

Like these, Elizabeth and James poppy lovers. Soft leather, so feminine. I also think this color goes great with everything. I think I need these either way.

Or some LAMB platforms? So I can feel REAL tall and model-esk.

Or stay safe with these Pelle Moda badboys? I just don't know.
Ok, what's next - handbags? I would prefer a nice shoulder bag that way my hands are free to carry 2 drinks, or 1 drink and some finger food.

This Chanel looks good to me, but come on lets be serious people.

I LOVE this color; so feminine. Adorable cushioning and soft leather. Yum.

Or this DVF cracked gold leather foldover clutch. Gold is my go to, it pairs well with every dress, shoe, jewelry, etc. It's also uber sophisticated and cool.

I can always go with old faithful, Tory Burch.
My favorite and last addition to my cool ensemble will be earrings, and that will be the only jewelry that I wear. I just have to make sure they are big and awesome...
LOVE these Fallon rhinestone drop dagger earrings - very edgy.
I have to say though, I am a stud girl. These Dannijo are easy to handle, you don't have to worry about them getting caught in things. I love the sunburst shape of these and this picture doesn't do them justice because they are HUGE.

These Soo Ihn Kim beauties are a nice mix of stud and drop. I love the thin metal chains, very airy and light.

Any and all of these would be ideal for my wedding wardrobe. Now, I think I need to ask for a raise.

1 comment:

  1. am i the luckiest mom in the world to have an adorable, artistic, creative, fun loving, seize the day, seize the moment, live, love, laugh, and smile through life's little curves... okay and big ones... tho that can be tough- daughter in the entire world!!!??? .... What?.... she is JUST like me?......oh pshaw.......! ooooh, that's a kansas word isn't it? good thing cute boys come from kansas!!!! like my hubbie! cute ones come from michigan too like your adorable BF, elizabeth!!! we love you madly!!!! xoxo me

    ReplyDelete